Thursday, December 17, 2009

a new website!!!

From now on you can find me at The Red Bird Life. Here's the story:

Thanks to my rockstar of a husband, I have a brand-new website for my cooking blog, now called The Red Bird Life. He surprised me with it for my birthday this year and I am so excited to bring you recipes from this new place that he made for me, and, hey, you too, really! For those of you who have been following me over at EatingFoodNetwork this is where you will find me and my crazy kitchen starting this Christmas. He picked out a new name so it’d allow for more topics if I ever decide to tell you about my adventures outside of the kitchen too. As some of you may know, I have a soft spot for the St. Louis Cardinals and I even have another site called thecreativeredbird.com that describes my services for making invitations/announcements/cards and creative scrapbook gifts. So The Red Bird Life seems to fit.

This website will allow for some new features that I didn’t have over on the hosted blogger account. You will see changes in the formats of posts, the recipes will be better formatted and hopefully easier to copy and print. As we get used to the new site my husband will be tweaking the layout here and there to make sure everything works just right. And, maybe, just maybe, if you’ve been good this year, someday we’ll have a print function directly on the site. …or maybe it’s if I’ve been good… so I can’t make any promises. You’ll have to take that up with my husband. I’ve got no skills to bake up a printer button.

AND, as if all this wasn’t awesome enough, my husband got me a new camera so I can attempt to take pictures that aren’t blurry for you. Ahhhh!!!! I can hardly believe it!! He sure spoils me rotten. Thanks, Mr. Anderson, you absolutely made this birthday extra, extra special.

And thanks to all of you for reading my blog. It sure is fun sharing my food with you. Merry Christmas!

No comments: