Wednesday, November 11, 2009

french breakfast puffs

I don't even recommend reading this post unless you're in the mood to indulge. Know that after we snacked on a few, I knew I had to throw the rest out. Yes, we wasted food and I need to have my hand slapped for it, but it was for our own good. These are yummy, very yummy indeed, but oh so heavy and soaked in butter...did I mention that yet?

I knew from the beginning that these were going to be bad news, but sometimes, I just can't resist. I have fallen in love with Pioneer Woman and her blogs, and this was my first attempt trying one of her recipes. Many more to come, I'm sure. Everything she makes looks divine.

Okay, now to the recipe for French Breakfast Puffs. I started by cutting the recipe in half and making 24 mini muffins instead of 12 big ones. The mini muffins cooked for 15 minutes and came out perfectly. The only other change I made was only lightly tossing the muffins in the butter rather than letting them soak for 20-30 seconds like Pioneer Woman recommends. I just couldn't do it. Mine were only in there for 2-3 seconds, or plenty long enough, for my tiny cakes.

As you might expect, these are melt-in-your-mouth delicious. But unless you have the metabolism of a 13-year-old, I'm warning you, they may come at a price.

No comments: