Saturday, September 19, 2009

lemon-basil potatoes

The second recipe I tried with the Parmesan Chicken was Giada de Laurentiis' Lemon-Basil Potatoes. I followed this recipe to the letter and came up with very different reviews.

My husband didn't care for them. He thought they were way too lemony and he wouldn't ever want to have them again. I, on the other hand, liked the flavors the potatoes soaked up from cooking in the chicken broth and lemon juice. (Usually I cook my potatoes in water, as I'm guessing most of you do too.) The fresh basil was a nice addition to finish them as well. I'm not sure I can say what my daughter thought, because, just like the chicken, they were topped with a big scoop of ketchup. I didn't try them her way, but I'm guessing the ketchup masks just about any flavor she might have otherwise experienced. Come to think of it, maybe I should have served them that way to my husband too.

I know we haven't had great success with the first two dishes from Thursday night's meal, but stick around, I saved the best for last.

No comments: