Friday, September 11, 2009

like candy for breakfast


Not exactly the most health-conscious way to start your morning, but for a special treat, maybe even this weekend, check out Gina's Brown Sugar Bacon. This got rave reviews from my daughter, in fact, it was the first time I made something where she said, "Make more, Mommy, make more!" My husband didn't like it and didn't even finish one slice, he thought it was too sweet...but we had no problem eating his portion. It's almost like a candied bacon, chewy in its crispness with a nice kick from the peppers. I cooked it a few minutes longer than the recipe calls for to try to get it as crispy as possible without burning. And for faster cleanup, I line my baking sheet with foil and spray the wire rack with cooking spray. Mmmm, bacon. Not too many better ways to start the day.

No comments: