Thursday, September 10, 2009

the ultimate chicken parmesan


Seriously, Tyler Florence wasn't lying. This is the ultimate chicken parmesan. I was craving a hearty Italian dinner and seeing this on tv one afternoon inspired me to give it a try even though I usually don't have much success when I pan fry chicken. What a hit. My husband's doesn't really enjoy Italian food all that much, but he thought it was awesome and our daughter ate her fair share too.

I left out the olives since our family doesn't like them and I used crushed tomatoes rather than whole since that's what I had in the pantry. I figure it saved me the trouble of crushing them anyways. The only other change I made to the recipe was using shredded mozzarella, again, because that's what I had on hand.

It took a little more time and effort to prepare than I would normally prefer, but it was well worth it. We'll be having this one again.

Eat your heart out Olive Garden.

No comments: